New Blogsite

As this project draws to an end, so also will this blogsite. I am pleased that I have this comprehensive documentary of my journey over the past 10-months. But fear not, I have started another blog to document what happens from here at: www.nataliedowseart.blogspot.com

Monday, September 24, 2007

I've been playing



I have settled into my studio and have started experimenting. After a brief conversation today in my studio with the Head of Art & Design a conclusion was reached. It was suggested that perhaps 'experimenting' was too 'scientific' and what we do (or should do) as artists is play. I agree with this - so yes I have been playing. This is 'playing' with freedom - but NOT without thought. So far this experience has given me the opportunity to explore, take a few risks and focus. Perhaps this 'playing' has been missing from my practice for a while, due to tight deadlines and lack of time.


Derby Cathedral

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whos the guy at the bottom of the pic

Natalie said...

Dunno!

Bear said...

Remember the thunderous anthem of the telly programme Play Away? - play, play away play awayaway way play away away way play away. Work will be better for it. And Derby shall be a great centre of Art and joy.

Natalie said...

Doesn't really matter if it's raining or it's fine,
just as long as you've got time'
to P L A Y,
to play away way away play away away play away!

bear said...

Hey, dance shooflah...dance! Do good art. Get rid of your rotring pen and get a playpen!!!!!!!!!!!!!